SWE-Dishes: Wine And Cream-Cooked CodNovember 15, 2017
When we start thinking about Swedish dishes, one of the first proteins that comes to mind is fish. In an interview we did with Chef Ulrika Berglund, we talked Swedish dishes, cooking for kids and how to incorporate flavors and foods into dishes for picky eaters.
Originally, she told us that kåldomar (cabbage rolls) were her favorite dish, but after digesting her response, she followed up with this dish – and recipe – that uses fresh cod, dill, wine, cream, potatoes and lemon. Our mouths are watering already.
Wine and Cream-Cooked Cod
1.5 lb. of cod
1 pkg. fresh baby dill
1 c. of heavy whipping cream
1/3 c. white cooking wine
1 ½ tbsp. all-purpose flour
Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Cut the cod into squares, or filets.
- Fine chop the baby dill; reserve some for garnish.
- Over medium heat, mix the cream and the wine in a pan.
- Whisk the flour into the cream mixture. Whisk until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the baby dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cod; let simmer for 7-10 minutes.
Serve with mashed potatoes and a wedge of lemon.