The Umgås Guide To Back To SchoolAugust 22, 2019
As summer vacation winds down, it’s time to stock up on back-to-school items and clothing for the upcoming year. We’ve compiled a list, from fashion to backpacks, to ensure your family starts off the school year with all the right Swedish necessities.
With summer ending, the fall wardrobe needs a refresh. H&M has all the items your children will need to start the school year in style. Check out some of our favorites from its Back to School campaign.
- A knit sweater, perfect for those chilly fall mornings
- Throw this padded vest on your child for added warmth
- Jeans, because you can never have enough with a growing child
If your child wears a uniform to school, check out Hanna Andersson and its back-to-school uniform essentials. With more than 70 items and a variety of color options, your kid can practice self-expression within uniform guidelines.
- One can never go wrong with a classic jersey polo
- The little ones will love this soft, cotton jersey dress
- Keep your child warm in this Sherpa-Lined Hoodie
We’d be remiss if we didn’t include one of Sweden’s most iconic backpacks. The Kånken is a stylish, functional and safe backpack created by Fjällräven. This classic backpack originally was designed in the 1970s to spare the backs of school children. With more than 45 colors to choose from, there is bound to be one that catches your child’s eyes.
If your child is a tech junkie, then you need to check out our top picks for tech gear.
- Hand-made headphones for every occasion
- Spotify, the world’s best streaming service
- Check in with your kids when they get home via Skype
Every year, schools send home supplies lists, and every year, parents head to big department stores to stock up on pens, pencils and notebooks. Here are our top Swedish school supplies to help your child succeed in Scandinavian style.
- Stylish ballpoint pens and mechanical pencils by Ballograf are perfect for all the writing your child will do
- Your child is sure to stand out with kikki.K’s Scandinavian-inspired notebooks and planners, perfect for taking notes and tracking assignments
And in case you missed it last year, check out our Back to School Lunch Box Guide for various lunch boxes and lunch ideas.