Swe-Dishes: Krokstrom Klubb & Market’s Swedish MeatballsFebruary 26, 2018
Later this week, we’re featuring Katee McLean’s Krokstrom Klubb & Market, a Kansas City restaurant/market with Swedish roots.
We thought we’d whet your appetite by sharing the eatery’s recipe for Swedish Meatballs.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 3 stalk celery, diced
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tbs Mustard powder
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- Heavy pinch salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2c panko
- 1/2c cream
- Sauté onion, fennel and celery tender with oil, salt and pepper. Let cool.
- In a large tub, mix the meats, veggies and eggs.
- Add seasoning and cream-soaked bread crumbs. Do not over mix.
- Make a sample ball to taste flavors. Tweak, if needed,
- Roll into ball shape and place onto an oiled sheet pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 6 minutes; rotate and cook for 6 more minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Serve with Aquavit Cream!