What’s happening at the American Swedish Institute this holiday seasonNovember 13, 2017
If you find yourself in Minneapolis, make your way over to the American Swedish Institute for one of its many holiday exhibitions and events. Holiday festivities last throughout the year and include all the Swedish music, dancing and crafts you could imagine.
Here’s a list of the upcoming activities at ASI:
- Nov. 11, 2017–Jan. 8, 2018: Skål! Scandinavian Spirits – Check out this national exhibition produced by the Museum of Danish American, which explores Scandinavian drinking traditions.
- Nov. 12, 2017–Jan. 8, 2018: Fest! Merry Mansion – This is ASI’s annual exhibition of decorated holiday rooms around the mansion.
- Dec. 2–3: Julmarknad: ASI’s Christmas Market – Bring out the whole family for a weekend of shopping, performances and food. Other festivities include music, dance and storytelling. You can also make slöjd (handcraft) projects, drink glögg and watch for tomte and Santa!
- Dec. 13: ASI Neighborhood Open House – You know what “open house” means – FREE museum admission! Show up, explore and enjoy!
- Dec. 21: Winter Solstice Celebration – Celebrate the shortest day and longest night of the year with bonfires, performances, handcraft, self-guided tours and, of course, warm glögg.
The American Swedish Institute is open Tuesday–Sunday. Admission is $10 for adults, with reduced ticket prices for seniors and youth. Check out its website for more information about its hours, which vary slightly daily.