SWE-Dishes (and Drinks): The Electric JellyfishJuly 6, 2018
Cool down this summer with a refreshing (and beautiful) aquavit cocktail.
The Electric Jellyfish, crafted by Katy Best (the beverage director at The Roosevelt, a restaurant in Richmond, Va.) has bright and floral notes, hints of caraway and an herbal aroma. Its beautiful gradient aesthetic is a sure way to impress guests at your next get-together.
- 1.5 oz Øster Vit (or any aquavit of your choice)
- 1.5 oz Dolin Blanc
- .25 oz Green Chartreuse
- .75 oz of fresh lime juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- Several drops of spirulina tincture
- Fresh mint
- Pour ingredients into shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Double strain over fresh ice into a Collins glass.
- Waft mint and add as garnish.
- Float several drops of spirulina tincture.
- Sip and enjoy!
Katy Best is the Beverage Director at The Roosevelt in Richmond, Va. She has a passion for the Scandinavian spirit aquavit and she crafted this cocktail for The Roosevelt’s sister-restaurant, Alewife.