Shop For Handmade Swedish Goods At A Jul Bazaar Near YouNovember 22, 2019
At the start of each holiday season, Swedish Women’s Educational Association (SWEA) chapters across the United States (and beyond) put artisans, vendors and more on display for shoppers to browse and stock up on gifts, décor, books, textiles and all-holiday-things Swedish during a Jul Bazaar.
Jul, which translates to Christmas, and bazaars, which means market, typically serve fresh Scandi fair like meatballs and räksmörgås (open-faced shrimp or prawn sandwich) along with homemade glogg. Bakers’ treats fill the air with hints of cardamom, cinnamon and other baking spices, and some chapters even feature a St. Lucia procession.
Each SWEA chapter has its own, unique traditions, and dates for bazaars range from the weekend before Thanksgiving to early December. If you need to stock up on Dala horses and tomtes, simply want to kick off the holidays or immerse yourself in Swedish foods, crafts and culture, be sure to check out your local SWEA’s bazaar.
Here’s a roundup of some of SWEA Jul Bazaar’s happening across the United States.
- SWEA South Florida Julbasar – Swedish Christmas Bazaar with St. Lucia on Saturday, Nov. 23
- SWEA New Jersey Christmas Fair on Sunday, Nov. 24
- SWEA of Orange County Annual Christmas Fair on Sunday, Nov. 24
- SWEA DC Chapter Bazaar & St. Lucia on Saturday, Dec. 7
- SWEA San Francisco Christmas Fair on Saturday, Dec. 7
- SWEA Boston Swedish Yuletide on Saturday, Dec. 7
- SWEA Virginia Beach Christmas Bazaar on Saturday, Dec. 7
- SWEA LA Xmas Fair on Sunday, Dec. 8
Did we miss a bazaar? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!