Swedish Freak’s Potato Pancakes With BaconAugust 16, 2018
You don’t really have to say more than “bacon” to get us excited about a recipe. So when Swedish Freak passed along this recipe for potato pancakes with bacon, we were sold.
- 1 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 lb. firm potatoes
- 16 oz. salted bacon
- lingonberry jam
- fresh carrots
- Whip together the flour and salt. Slowly add in the milk.
- Once mixed, add the egg.
- Peel the potatoes and shred. Add to the milk/flour mixture and mix well.
- Slice (if needed) and cook the bacon until desired crispiness.
- Add some butter to a pan and scoop in 1/4 cup of the potato dough. Flatten it out over the pan. Cook a few minutes, and then flip when the underside is golden brown.
- Serve the warm pancakes with bacon, lingonberry jam, and fresh carrots.
This recipe makes six servings.
Tip: The mixture may be runny. If so, after you flatten in, pull in any runny parts towards the shredded potatoes.
Hilary St. Johnn founded SwedishFreak.com in 2010 when she moved to northern Sweden and fell in love with the country. She continues to write from sunny Phoenix, Ariz., bringing Swedish awesomeness to whatever she can. When she isn’t writing for Swedish Freak, she works on her blog HilarysHome.com, is the caretaker of four furry ferrets and one less-furry husband.