Our Favorite Stories Of 2018December 18, 2018
Throughout the year, some of our personal favorite stories aren’t always the ones that resonate with you, our readers.
Since we loved these stories so much, we wanted to show you what were our favorite stories this year. We also thought it would be fun to give you a little peek behind the curtain to learn a little more about each one of us (or, at least each one of us who responded by the deadline).
Umgås Staffer: Aidan
Aidan became a star this year when she was featured in two of our videos, but she really took the cake when she attempted to make a prinsesstårta.
- How to Make Your Own Midsummer Flower Crown
- Watch Us (Attempt To) Make A Princess Cake
- Women of the Viking Age Were Low-Key Bosses
Umgås Staffer: Amanda
If you can’t tell by Amanda’s favorites this year, she likes cats, coffee and candy. The three Cs are all you need, really.
- Cooking With Cats: Meet Sweden’s ‘Coffee-Maker Chef/Crazy Cat Lady’ Katja Wulff
- BonBon Offers A Swedish Candy Experience In New York City
- We Tried Swedish Egg Coffee
- Road Trip: Umgås Explores Andersonville’s Swedish Offerings
- Meet Dylan Ratell, Season 7 Winner of Reality Show Allt för Sverige
Umgås Staffer: Casey
Casey pretty much started this year on maternity leave, and most of her favorite pieces were ones that came to her during her sleepless days and nights while she was away.
- Meet The Swede Behind ‘Lagom: The Swedish Art Of Balanced Living’
- What You Need To Know About Group F Of The World Cup
- Swedish Moments In TV And Film You May Have Missed
- Are Swedish Vampires A Thing?
- Tack Så Mycket: Umgås Celebrates Three Wonderful Years
Umgås Staffer: Kyra
Kyra has had some pretty great interviews this year, and thanks to her, we had our most-read story of the year.
- Settling Down With Acclaimed Musician Lissie
- Making ‘Swedish Death Cleaning’ Part of My Life
- Getting Into The ‘Whys’ And ‘Hows’ Of Nordic Baking With Magnus Nilsson
Umgås Editor: Sean
Sean, our beloved editor, is a people person – which is evident by his favorite stories of the year. The former newspaper journalist loves a good interview.
- Maud Adams: The Modest Bond Girl
- A Kicker Called Ove
- Chasing Gold in Pyeongchang: Curler Anna Hasselborg
- For Magaritys, March Madness Is A Family Affair
- Sofia Eng: From ‘Wild Wild West’ To Casting The Next Reality Star