In The News: IKEA’s Meatless Meatballs Are Almost Here (At Least In Europe)February 28, 2020
About a year ago, we shared that IKEA was working on a meatless meatball. Well friends, those plant-based bites of goodness (we expect they’ll be delicious!) are almost here.
According to The Verge, IKEA will start serving “plant balls” in its nearly 300 European stores in August. Other markets will follow in the ensuing months. The retailer says its new offering has a climate footprint that is 96% smaller than its traditional meatballs, of which it served more than 1 billion of, according to the article.
Some other headlines that caught our eye this week…
- Our Favorite Exhibits at the Volvo Museum in Gothenburg, Sweden (Autoweek)
- Princess Estelle of Sweden Is a Disney Princess Come to Life in New 8th Birthday Photos (People)
- This Swedish Museum Fits Inside a Backpack for You to Take Away (Lonely Planet)
- Swedish Dishcloths Aren’t Just Cute, They’re Sustainable (Boston Globe)
- This Swedish Way of Making Oatmeal Is the Best Way, End of Discussion (PureWow)