SWE-Dishes: ‘Lagom’ Blueberry And Vanilla JamJune 13, 2018
Warmer months are berry months, and we can’t wait to roll up our sleeves and make this blueberry and vanilla jam from Linnea Dunne’s book, “Lagom: The Swedish Art of Balanced Living.”
- 2 lb. fresh blueberries
- 1 lb. gelling sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
- 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
- Place two saucers in the freezer.
- Put all the ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat and boil rapidly for 15-20 minutes or until the jam reaches its setting point. Test this by placing a large spoonful of the jam on a cold saucer and leave to cool for a few minutes. Gently push the jam with a clean finger; if it wrinkles, it has reached its setting point.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave the jam to cool slightly. Remove and discard the vanilla pod, then lade the jam into warmed, sterilized, airtight jars and seal. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Like this recipe? Pick up Dunne’s book and learn more about her in our Q&A interview.