And The (NIFF) Winner Is…November 5, 2018
NEW YORK – American audiences were treated to a slice of Scandinavia at the fourth annual Nordic International Film Festival (NIFF) at the Scandinavia House in New York City. Over five days, attendees enjoyed short films, feature films, documentaries and thoughtful conversations during Q&As with directors, actors and producers.
The Umgås team was on the ground – and often in the front row – for the festival. We’ll be sharing exclusive pictures and interviews in the coming days. But first: The winners.
On Sunday, Nov. 4, NIFF organizers hosted a red carpet and honored filmmakers and actors with awards. And the winners were…
- Best Documentary Short: “Waiting for David”
- Best Nordic Short: “Abu Adnan: Adnan’s Father” (Honorable Mention: “Next Stop”)
- Best Narrative Short: “Caroline”
- Best Female Actor: Frederikke Dahl Hansen for “Denmark”
- Best Male Actor: Janne Puustinen and Boodi Kabbani for “A Moment in the Reeds”
- Best Cinematography: Albert Salas for “Obey” (Honorable Mention: Zoë Que for “Foggy Days”)
- Best Director: Isabella Eklöf for “Holiday”
- Best Documentary Feature: “VIANEY”
- Best Nordic Feature: “Denmark”
- Best International Feature: “Tiger Milk”