Y’all Had Some Thoughts: 2019’s Most Talked About StoriesDecember 24, 2019
We enjoy our little slice of the internet. Our very niche slice, carved out for folks interested in Swedish customs, news and business. You may be Swedish living in the States. You may wish you were Swedish. You may be neither.
Regardless of how you ended up at Umgås Magazine, we are thankful for you. Because what kind of magazine would it be without its readers? We love seeing what resonates with you. What doesn’t. What gets people fired up. Or laughing. What stories bring out those fond memories and the emotions attached to them? A photo of a Brio doll house, a recipe for kanelbullar.
With a Facebook audience of over 30K, we see a lot of chatter. So, as 2019 comes to a close, we wanted to share the top ten stories that got our readers talking. We hope to keep you just as engaged in 2020!
1. SWEDISH SUPERSTITIONS AMERICANS PROBABLY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF
2. NOT A CAKE, NOT YET A SANDWICH: BREAKING DOWN THE SMÖRGÅSTÅRTA
3. Swedish Dala Horses: A Lesson About A Popular Swedish Icon
4. FOUR SWEDISH FOODS (AND A DRINK) THAT ARE TOTALLY COOL TO BRING TO THANKSGIVING THIS YEAR
5. SwedishFood.com’s Princess Cake Recipe
6. 25 YEARS LATER, ‘COTTON EYE JOE’ REMAINS A WORLDWIDE HIT
7. Take Us Back To The Days Of The Kafferep
8. BANANAS, PEANUTS AND CHICKEN? BREAKING DOWN THE FLYING JACOB
9. What’s New With IKEA: A Roundup
10. In The News: Save A Cow, Eat A Human?